Friday, October 19, 2012

4 Month Old Soprano

Elizabeth turned 4 months old this past Monday. I cannot believe she's already 4 months old. People think she's older though because she is so big and has such great neck control. I have big babies what can I say.
 
Elizabeth is such a blessing to our family. We really love her! She has these beautiful blue eyes that will smile first before the smile hits her mouth sometimes. I love those moments. She recently had her first giggle. It was so awesome to her that little baby laugh. I totally had a mommy moment!
 
At night she sleeps amazing! She goes down and sleeps for 5-6 hours or more and then wakes up and nurses and sleeps for another 2-3 hours and repeat. I am actually doing really good now at putting her back in her bassinet. Which is awesome for all of us because I sleep better and so does Jared but then we are also accessible to Benjamin when he wakes up in the middle of the night and needs us.
She loves her bath time! Getting out of the tub not so much a favorite. Or getting dressed for that matter. Though she does enjoy getting her diaper changed. We figure it's because of the one on one attention. She is taking shorter naps during the day which is hard on me but at least she sleeps great at night.
 
Benjamin is a source of great entertainment to Elizabeth. She loves to watch him run and jump around the house. I love the moments when they get close to each other and just seem to have a sibling moment between them.
 
Now we thought the Banshee scream was going away since she is able to handle me eating wheat and dairy again (HALLELUJAH!) but unfortunately not. It's not used for "I am in pain" anymore at least but she is obviously destined for some high soprano music. For example if you listen to this song by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and you hear those high notes....yeah Elizabeth can hit those high notes no problem. And she will do it while babbling to herself all happy.
 
I think some of my favorite moments with her are holding her at night after nursing and just feeling her breath on my neck and feeling her body become relaxed as she drifts off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment