Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gospel Topic Tuesday: Children of God

Today while we were reading our scriptures as a family I was thinking to myself how does this apply to me. We were reading in the Pearl of Great Price in Moses chapter 1. I started to think about how wonderful it must have felt to Moses to have God call him His son. To know that he was the son of diety. It must have made him feel very special.

Next I decided to input my name in place of Moses in a few verses to apply the scriptures to me and make it more personal. I've done this a few times before and whenever I do it I feel like that verse was written just for me.

We are all God's children and we have a divine purpose here on this earth. I am grateful for the knowledge I have that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and knows me by name. He knows my name and I am his daughter. He knows each of us by name and has a purpose for us here on this earth. We just have to trust in Him and lean on him for understanding, guidance and direction.

I know this to be true with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment