Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Are So Special

Father's day has come and gone but I wanted to share some of my favorite memories of my own Dad. I love my Father greatly. I am one of those rare children who is a Mother's girl and a Father's girl. Both of them hold a very dear spot in my heart and I cherish the time I have with them and enjoy their friendships.


I remember when my Dad would help me with my math homework. One night in particular we were hanging out in my room and I was extremely frustated with my math homework. My Dad took the time to help me learn how to do it. Recently my Dad shared with me that my teacher didn't like the way he taught me to do it because I didn't show my work.

Christmas is my favorite time of year and one of the things I love to do is go driving around looking at Christmas lights. This is a favorite for me because my Dad would come and take me and my sister out to look at all the lights. It was the one on one time or two on one time that I enjoyed.
I have a love for sweets and especially ice cream just like my Dad. He would come and visit Megan and I and take us out for ice cream. We would go the Dairy Queen in town no matter what the time of year...winter, spring, summer or fall. Dad usually finished his first and always offered to help us with ours.

Growing up us kids would go to bed and before we fell asleep we would hear the blender come on and then wait a moment and run downstairs and Dad would have banana shakes ready to go. It was funny because we would always come running so Dad eventually started making one and pour it into small glasses for us kids and then make a second one for himself.
After I moved to Idaho with my Mom my Dad came and got me to go up to Canada with him to spend a week or two with him during the summer. I had my driver's permit and he let me drive as long as I wanted to drive. I could tell I made him nervous a few times but he didn't say much.

My Dad has traveled a lot in his lifetime and he had a cigar box full of different coins and bills from all over the world. I've started my own collection like my Dad. I always loved playing with it and seeing the strange coins and bills.
I love my Dad and I am grateful he is my father!

No comments:

Post a Comment