Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gospel Topic Tuesday: Attitude During Trials

"How you deal with life's trials is part of the development of your faith." (Face the Future with Faith, Russell M. Nelson, April 2011) It's all a matter of perspective and attitude. Life can throw lots of hard trials our way but how we deal with them can strengthen or weaken our faith.



I've recently gone through some trials where my faith was tested and I hope that I have come out stronger. During one of the trials I had a moment where I could have become self absorbed and had a pity party for myself but I decided to trust in God and in his plan. I know that He knows me and is aware of my trials and is there to help me through it. I had to experience the sorrow for a purpose, which purpose I know not right now but I am trying to be more like my Savior and be patient in my trials.



Sometimes our patience is truly put to the test. While Jared and I were both jobless for 5 months we prayed every day for guidance and direction on what we needed to do to get a job that would bless our family. Money kept getting tighter and I started to wonder what we would do. I was starting to question that we had made the right decision to send Jared to school. Just when I thought we were only going to get more desperate I got a call out of the blue about my old job. The timing of the job was too perfect on so many ways and it met all of our needs financially and medically. We have to be patient and trust in God. His ways are not our ways and He is all knowing and all seeing.



I am so grateful to know that God is there and is aware of us and has a plan for us. We just need to trust in Him and keep strengthening our faith. As we keep a positive attitude during our trials and lean on our Savior for strength we will be able to endure any trial we have to endure.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN sista'. Love you, too!!!! *and whispers: do you realize how amazing you truly are?!?!?

    ReplyDelete