Saturday, July 3, 2010

Stars & Stripes...fruit

Our ward had their 4th of July breakfast this morning. I had signed up to bring fruit. While at Costco yesterday I was trying to think of fruit to bring that would be festive and patriotic. Didn't really care about the taste. :) Anyways I bought strawberries and blueberries and tried to think of a white fruit. There was no white fruit to be had...when it hit me. Buy a pineapple and make stars out of it. When I came home I tried to find a frosting that had no dairy in it that was white. I found one and it tasted kind of blah but it worked. I really want to take another stab at this some time in the future because my star cookie cutter was way to big. I need a smaller one. But I felt creative and had fun.
No matter what I do it won't rotate correctly...argh!

1 comment: