Thursday, July 16, 2009

Christmas Music in July??!!

I am currently listening to Christmas music at work. For those who don't know me that well you might think "Christmas music in July??!! This lady is crazy!!" But I promise I'm not that crazy. Christmas music does something to me that no other music can I think. No matter my mood if I listen to Christmas music it just helps me get through it and lift my spirits. Christmas music makes me feel good and I believe it is because what it is about. The thoughts, feelings and messages that are associated with them.

Growing up I would play Christmas music in July because I would start working on Christmas presents for family members. I would pull out my mom's records and carefully put them on the record player and move the needle over while holding my breath. The full sound of the records would come out over the speakers and put me in the Christmas mood.

This year I am trying again to start my Christmas projects in the summer to actually help me be ahead and have less to stress about in December. I love making things for people. I get to craft something for them that I created for them. I do enjoy shopping but my heart longs to make things and see the expression on their face when they open it.

I've got an amazing book to work with this year called "Here Comes Santa Claus" by Mary Engelbreit. I read it while at my mom's house last year at Thanksgiving (I think) and then she got me my own copy for Christmas. It has ton's of amazing ideas for gifts, parties, treats and decorations. I am totally in love with this book. It with my Cricut my possibilities are pretty limitless just my imagination.

Christmas brings such a feeling of joy, hope and peace. How can you not want that feeling all year round? If you need a place to get some Christmas music go to http://www.accuradio.com/ click on the More button and then AccuHolidays. There is a wide selection of genres of Christmas music. I hope you are able to find something for you that lifts your spirits up and brings the spirit of Christmas into your heart even in July.

1 comment:

  1. The books by Mary Engelbreit are fun to look at. And I don't think you are crazy... I know you are. Not really. I am already working or at least planing christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete