Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter Sunday!

We celebrated Easter a little bit yesterday since Olga was leaving last night to go have fun for a few days with her friends. Jared kindly reminded me of this by asking "Are you going to give Olga her Easter basket this morning?" I was like No...wait oh duh! So I got up and quickly assembled it and put it outside her door.

She really enjoyed it. Especially the part about red M&M's. Red is her favorite color. She is with red like I am with purple. Everything must be the favorite color!

Jared and I had a good time hanging out watching General Conference Saturday. During the sessions we worked on cleaning up the house some. I tore the kitchen/dining room apart to sweep, mop and scrub it down royally. We decided when putting things back together to shrink the table and move things around a bit. Our dinning room seems a lot bigger now.

This morning for Easter breakfast I made french toast with Texas Toast. It was really good. When I was cracking the eggs, they fell in this pattern that looked like a face with a smirk.
Afterwards we watch the Sunday morning session of Gen Con. We've already had our Easter Dinner. It was delicious! I won the battle for a spiral cut ham! I love ham!!!!! It's so nummy!!! So now we are enjoying the afternoon session of Gen Con and then we will just snack on our leftovers for the rest of the day.
It has been a truly wonderful and peaceful weekend. I'm grateful for the time we've spent together getting things done and be fed spiritually. There are so many wonderful things being shared this conference just like any other.

I wish you all a Happy Easter. I'm grateful to know my Savior lives and that he atoned for my sins and loved me that much.

1 comment: