Monday, April 2, 2012

Time to Garden!

It's that time of year again where you can start to work outside and get the earth prepared for a new garden! I love this time of year! When I look at the earth all freshly tilled up and ready it just makes me giddy for some reason. It's like I am working with mother nature to help her do her job and helping to create new life. I know weird...I don't think I am even explaining it correctly.
But I love to work in the yard. I enjoy mowing the yard, pulling weeds, pruning bushes, planting and harvesting a garden, planting flowers and cutting flowers. It's all wonderful to me! I can remember working on my green thumb as a child. I thought the rhododendrons in the front yard needed some pruning. Yea, that went a little too far. I almost killed them. My sister Cathy got me a mix of wild flowers one year for my birthday. I couldn't wait to dig up the ground and make myself a flowerbed. My favorite flowers to see each year are the Crocus and Daffodils. The reason is because they are a sign that spring is coming.
So last Saturday (March 24th) Jared and I took Benjamin outside and got to work on the garden. We even made a new garden bed!! We realized last year how much bell peppers and jalapenos really love the heat and on the back of the house is the perfect spot that gets really hot. We have a few more things we need to do but we are getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment