Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas Day! We all woke up a little later than I thought we would. Once we were up Jared made sure we did our scripture studies and family prayer before we opened any presents. It's probably a good thing because I am sure it would have been forgotten once we got things going.
Watching Benjamin open his gifts was such much fun. He had seen the toys when we bought them yet he was still excited. I'm sure he had forgotten about them. We got him a 4X4 truck that runs on it's own, a pack of Ferrari hot wheels, and Santa brought him a Dump Truck with boulders. After Benjamin had fun ripping the paper off he had a blast playing with each toy.
After the presents were opened we had some breakfast and quickly moved onto getting ready for church. At the last minute we decided to go to church at Jared's parents ward as it seemed like a nice Christmas gift we could give them.
After church we hung out at the grandparents house. Grandma made herself and I some hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipping cream. Benjamin got in on the whipping cream action and Grandpa was laughing pretty good about it and advised a camera was needed.
Indeed.
Jacki and her family showed up a little bit later with our newest nephew Tyson. I cannot get over how small he is. We had fun opening up presents. I think we would all agree the money in a puzzle were pretty awesome. Jared opened his first and later hid Terence's keys in my puzzle.
We had a Mexican fiesta of burritos, chicken enchiladas, guacamole, pico de gallo, chips, beans and rice. I ate to my hearts content. Very full!
For the rest of the afternoon/evening we hung out and played games.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big Benjamin is now. He has grown so much. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete