Thursday, December 1, 2011

Handmade Ornaments

Jared's family does an ornament exchange every year. Last year I signed up to participate but then ran out of time to get anything put together. So this year I decided I better hurry up and get it done. I finished it at the beginning of November.


I had been wanting to make a certain ornament for a very long time. I had seashells and angel stickers. I put the stickers in the shells and then covered them front and back with modge podge so they would have a nice shine. Afterwards I took them outside and sprayed them with silver glitter. After they were good and dry I glued on some string. I enjoyed making them and had fun!

I think they turned out really cute! I made way more than I needed for the exchange so I could use them as gifts as well.



After all that work though on our way to Jared's Aunt Pam's house I realized I had left them at home. I was so disappointed. Luckily we had a party just a few days later and I was able to hand out some of them. The rest I will have to get at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment