Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful for...(Catch Up)

I know I am behind in my postings of giving thanks for my blessings. But I have not forgotten. This has actually made me be more aware of my blessings. Throughout each day I am thinking of things I am thankful for and giving thanks more to Heavenly Father for all that I have. I am hoping that I can keep this attitude of gratitude going throughout the year. A friend of mine gave a great talk in church today. She pointed out how Heavenly Father loves to hear us giving thanks for all that we have. I’ve noticed in my life how when I stop and think about it I really do have so much. Listing only one thing each day that I am thankful for is sometimes hard when I stop and think about it because there are so many things to be thankful for.

I haven’t listed anything since Wednesday so that is 4 things to list that I am thankful for…

I am thankful for experiencing the first snowfall of the year with Benjamin. Benjamin and I were hanging out in the kitchen this morning getting things ready for church when I saw it was snowing. I picked him up and had him look out the window. I decided to go outside into the freezing cold and show him the snow up close. I caught a snowflake and brought my hand close to his face to watch it melt away. It was wonderful to experience with him the first snowfall of the year and his first experience with snow. It was beautiful to see everything lightly dusted in snow.

I am thankful for my husband! He is such an amazing person. He makes me laugh frequently. I am always impressed and grateful to see how he is with Benjamin. They have a pretty special bond already. Jared spoils me frequently and I don’t know that I always tell him thank you. He lets me (within reason) have whatever I want. He lets me go scrapbooking on a Saturday and come pick Benjamin up once he is done giving service so I can finish what I am doing. He takes care of things I rarely even think about like finances and the garbage and I very rarely say thank you. So thank you to my husband for being the best husband for me.

I am thankful for this time of year that helps turn everyone’s thoughts (for the most part) to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love this time of year. It is my favorite. While I do enjoy the presents I really love turning my thoughts more towards the miracle of his birth and the gifts he has given us like the atonement. Without the atonement our lives would be pointless we would have no way to return to live with our Heavenly Father again.

I am thankful for my warm house. I know I am blessed to have a warm place to keep all of my things and to lay myself down to sleep each night. Especially as the days get colder I become more thankful for my warm home, clothes and blankets.

No comments:

Post a Comment