Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful for...Electricity

Today I am thankful for electricity. There are many reasons to be thankful for it. One I have so many modern conveniences...an oven to cook on and in, a microwave to heat things up, a toaster to make my bread, a mixing bowl to mix my baking items (I don't know how they beat egg whites to stiff peaks back in the day), a washer and dryer for my clothes, lights on my Christmas tree, lights around the house, a heater, warm water to wash with...the list goes on.
While listening to the radio this morning talk about the number of people still out of power and how many might get their power on today or even not until tomorrow it made me think how lucky I am. How stressful for so many families right before Thanksgiving to not be able to do their normal festivity preparations.
I admire those before who made due without power. And I am especially thankful for those who were inspired on how to develop electricity and make it possible to bless my life so immensely today.

No comments:

Post a Comment