Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Big Boy Bed

Monday night we met Jared's parents at Costco and bought Benjamin a big boy bed. A whole twin size bed all for Benjamin! Benjamin was no longer sleeping in his crib minus Sunday night where he slept for 10 hours straight. We felt that if Benjamin had a regular bed that he would sleep in it and less in our bed.

We hadn't finished cleaning the room out yet for Benjamin so we worked on that for a bit and cleaned things up. Benjamin enjoyed playing on the bed in the living room and even more when we moved it into his room. We still have some work to do in the room but Benjamin has his own bed and is in a new room.

 Unfortunately Monday night Benjamin decided not to go to bed until after midnight but he did sleep in his bed for a part of the night. And then last night he was staying up late again and around 10pm he decided to go to his bed again. I followed him and made sure he was okay and said goodnight. I went back to my bed and he never came back. He fell asleep. I woke up around 4am when he was screaming...we think he might have fallen off his bed.

We are feeling pretty good about the big boy bed and that it is a step in the right direction for all of us to sleep better.

1 comment:

  1. Benjamin's new twin bed needs a bright colorful kid friendly bedding set. Guess I know what to buy him for his belated birthday gift. I wish I would of kept Dominic's Transformers or Spiderman bedding sets, both were in good condition and I just donated them recently after he got his new double bed.

    ReplyDelete