Monday, December 13, 2010

6 Month Stats

Benjamin was 6 months on November 29th, 2010. We went to the Dr.'s office by ourselves again. I did much better this time around with Benjamin getting his shots. I did not cry. I held it together...signs of maturity?!

6 Month Stats
Height: 26.25 inches...45%
Weight: 20.4 lbs...90%
Head Circumference: 17.5 inches...71%
So while his weight stays up there his length has gone down. He is definitely still growing and even though his weight is up there he is not that chubby or big to me. We actually believe he lost weight while we were traveling for Thanksgiving. Because he was almost 22lbs before we left.

Benjamin is adorable! I love the faces he is making. His personality is coming through even more, which I know I will say that all the time but each time I say it, it is true. He is a happy, healthy boy! He still sleeps through the night overall. He is feeding 2-3 times now on average though. I think it is more a functionality of my laziness though.

He loves to walk around while holding onto your fingers. He loves remotes of any kind. Jared has been flying a helicopter around and he wants to play with that. Or the remote to the Xbox. Basically if daddy plays with it Benjamin wants it.
Benjamin is still a momma's boy but has started in the last month roughly letting daddy put him to sleep. In fact putting Benjamin in his crib at night...Jared has a higher success rate than I do.

He loves to cuddle and put his hand our faces. It is a sweet moment until he pinches but even then overall it's sweet since he doesn't know any better. He absolutely loves to suck on my chin. He will grab my hair in one hand and my cheek in the other and pull my chin to his mouth. I play along and bounce my jaw around and make it fun so that probably doesn't help.

He will smile at complete strangers and play bashful now. The bashful part is what is really new. I think it's precious.

He is starting to like time in his jumpers less and less. He rather play on the floor where he can be a bit more mobile.

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is his absolute all time favorite show. His face lights up when he hears the intro. But I will admit much to my chagrin that he also likes Spongebob Squarepants. But not as much as Mickey Mouse.

Benjamin is eating solid foods now. Most days he has rice cereal in the morning and a vegetable at night now. We tried green beans yesterday and they are a go. He has had carrots and peas and liked them. We will try spinach again in a few weeks.

While learning to crawl has been slow he actually did it today. He got his feet underneath him and scooted himself forward two times. I was so excited and scared at the same time.

Benjamin is my world. I love being with him. If I am depressed and crying I can hold him and look at him watching me all inquisitively and get cheered up. He has actually already made me a much more patient person (in some regards). I am nicer in the mornings. I am enjoying watching him grow and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment