Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Memories...Waiting Up To See Santa

Christmas is my all time favorite holiday. Anyone who knows me knows this about me. I start listening to Christmas music early if not sometimes throughout the whole year. I love the feelings that I feel around this time of year. The whole world seems to change as we turn our thoughts toward our Savior and his birth. It makes the world a more magical place for me.

I have many fond memories of Christmas and I am getting better at documenting memories in general (I am a huge advocate of journaling) and thought I would share a Christmas memory each day this month.

I hope you enjoy going back in time with me as I remember old memories and share my experiences that have had an impact on me and who I am.
...

Waiting Up To See Santa

It’s Christmas Eve and you can hardly wait for tomorrow. The anticipation makes it hard to sleep. You lay in your bed wondering where Santa Clause is now…is he near your home? Or is he on the other side of the world? You know you should close your eyes and sleep because morning will come faster that way and then you can open all your presents. You hear a noise downstairs so you carefully climb out of bed and cautiously move down the stairs to see if Santa is here.

You peek around the corner of the kitchen doorway through the dining room and into the living room to see if Santa is there. You feel the warmth of the fire on your face and can smell the spices from the orange hanging behind the fireplace. There are no signs of Santa anywhere, the cookies and the milk are still sitting in the living room on the side table and there are not anymore presents then when you went to bed originally.

Reluctantly you move back upstairs to your room because you don’t want to get caught being out of bed. You sit by your window looking out at the sky looking to see Santa and his reindeer flying across the sky. Staying there for awhile you are starting to grow tired when you see something move out of the corner of your eye. You turn quickly to get a better fix on the movement sure that it’s Santa but you can’t find anything in the sky.

Finally you climb back into bed at last exhausted enough to go to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. LOve it Em!!! I remember doing ALL of that!!! I was such an anxious and excited little one!! I could imagine you were too!!!! =) Merry Christmas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to discover more of your Christmas memories. This will be great!

    ReplyDelete