Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Memories...Old to New Tradition

As far back as I can remember we always got to open one present on Christmas Eve when we got home from our family’s Christmas Party. It was to give us a small sample of the things in store for us in the morning. I think this only added to my inability to go to sleep.

I would carefully peruse my presents under the tree at that point and look at the size, shape, feel the box and sometimes even shake it. I could never tell what was inside but I tried my best to pick out an awesome present. I enjoyed unwrapping my present and getting to play with it or look forward to the things I would get to do with it.

This tradition has a special spot in my heart. It is one I want to carry on in my family. But I am hoping to change it slightly. I am hoping to make new PJ bottoms for everyone and we get to open them up before going to bed to have new PJ’s to sleep in. I bought all the material for it this year so here’s hoping!

2 comments:

  1. That was how the tradition started in my family, my mother would make us all new night gowns and we would get to open them. I didn't keep up with that project and so it turned to just being allowed to open one gift. When I did get new pj's done for you guys I made sure that was the present you opened. New pj's for Christmas morning pictures was the plan. It was always so exciting. What gift to choose???

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always felt slighted when we only got to open dumb pjs. it was a bummer as a kid, but now id love to get pjs for christmas!

    ReplyDelete