Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Memories...More Than Anticipated

Most kids while growing up don’t realize they are poor. As you get older and learn about money maybe you start to understand your family’s financial situation but for most part kids I think don’t realize they grew up poor. The reason for that is because your family makes the most of what they have and in my opinion as long as you feel loved you don’t really notice much else. I remember many Christmas mornings where we got up early and opened tons of presents or at least it felt like tons to me. There was one year where my mom did tell us that Christmas would be smaller than normal. I think I was still in elementary school maybe 6th grade. On Christmas morning we woke up to more presents than anticipated someone (most likely several people) left presents on our front porch. I don’t think I fully appreciated it then that people from our ward were looking over our family and trying to help us out. It was wonderful and looking back now I get teary eyed thinking about it. Whoever they were had the true meaning of Christmas in their hearts and reached out to give service. I am grateful for what they did and I now like to give where and when I can to help reciprocate the blessings I received.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about that year. Thanks for reminding me. It was such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete