Sunday, January 3, 2010

Coming to Know the Savior

Another year come and gone and a new one is just about to begin. I'm always kind of sad and excited at this time of year. Sad that time is flying away so quickly and slipping through my fingers it feels like. There's always so much to be done which I wonder now as I write this if that's Satan's tools working on me to make me sad. Hmm....Anyways I'm also excited because of the fresh year before me to live and try new things, make new goals, continue old goals and just be me.

I'm especially excited for this year as we will get to be blessed with our own little one finally. What a joy and a blessing!

Today I taught in Young Women's and I was impressed with a thought during sacrament to give the girls a challenge to make one of their new year's resolutions to be coming to truly know the Savior. It's a challenge that I myself am going to take on. I'm very excited for it. I just finished reading the Book of Mormon again and this year I plan on doing my studies more on topics instead of consecutively reading the scriptures. My first topic of choice is of course my Savior.

This is just one of many goals I have but it is one that I want to make sure stays on the top of the list.

2 comments:

  1. YOu are such a great person! I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better while we were in Washington. I'm so excited for you!
    -Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl! I am so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete