Sunday, January 10, 2010

I was in Zion today!

Today we had Stake Conference. It was amazing. We went to the adult session last night also. My favorite part was everyone singing together. I commented to Jared last night how full it was and just what an amazing feeling it gave me. Today it was even better! My friend Sara was playing the organ and she rocked it!!! I was so overcome with emotions I couldn't even sing anymore (which honestly is pretty typical of the hymns because of the words and the meanings behind them). I thought about it and why I was so touched at this particular moment and it dawned on me that being together as a Stake was unifying. We are all human and trying the best we can, we make mistakes and fall short so much but we are not expected to be perfect by ourselves. We are to be perfect in Christ. I felt very much like I was in Zion today listening/singing with everyone. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I cannot express enough my gratitude for the bounteous blessings bestowed upon me. I am in awe of my Savior and his love for me and each child of God on the earth that has lived and ever will live that he would come and live as a man and endure so much pain and ridicule to make it possible for us to return to live with him. I am so grateful for music and the feelings and emotions is stirs within me. And I am grateful for this experience I had today.

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks, Emily! It's great to feel the Spirit, huh? Love ya.

    ReplyDelete