Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A missing piano book

The house is empty and quite again. Ed and Leslie and their kids left Saturday. I figured when I got home Saturday afternoon that I would do the dishes, clean up the nail salon in the living room and get some laundry going. Boy was I wrong! I laid in bed watching TV with Jared and took a nap. After I woke up I still didn't feel like doing much but I had a lesson for church to finish preparing so I worked on that in bed. :)

Yesterday I worked from home so I tried to get a few loads of laundry done. 3 to be exact!!! The whites were the most important!!! I did 3 or 4 batches of dishes and worked on my ISO documentation for work. ISO is going to be the death of me. It's fancy, Sarbanes and Oxley approved organized documentation for processes. After getting all of that done I finally took my shower for the day and started getting ready to go to my piano lessons. I found all my books except one I wanted to take with me. I had a church piece I wanted to start working on. I knew I had the book last Sunday evening and it couldn't go very far from the piano. I looked everywhere and cleaned things up a bit. And still couldn't find it. Time was starting to run out and I was frustrated. I sat down and said a prayer asking for help to find it. I looked at a few more places and then decided it wasn't meant to be and went downstairs and was going to call my Sister in-law to see if they hid it from the kids. When a thought hit me it's in the piano bench. I ran upstairs and opened it up and there was the book plus one I didn't realize I was missing. I sat down and thanked my Heavenly Father for helping me to find my book.

When there's little kids in the house things get hidden and forgotten about. We've found a few things in different places. But I sure loved spending time with my family. And the house is almost recovered, things just piled up after they left because I was being lazy. Leslie and Ed helped out a lot with the dishes this time and had the toys all picked up before they left. Aunt Emily just made a mess with dishes by making breakfast and the nail salon which still needs to be put away.

1 comment: